The main advantages of The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site MVC are:
- Enables the full control over the rendered HTML.
- Provides clean separation of concerns(SoC).
- Enables Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Following the design of stateless nature of the web.
- RESTful urls that enables SEO.
- No ViewState and PostBack events
- SEO friendly URL by design
- No ViewState (this may seem a bit of moving backward to some), but overall a good design
- Clean View Markup (no additional HTML emitted)
- 100% extensible. You can add your own controller with IOC, switch view engines at will, control model binding at wish etc
- Rich UI support (possible through client side JS libraries like jQuery UI and others)
- Pluggable architecture
- Out of the box minimal IOC support
- Out of the box support for mitigating antiforgery attacks and XSS vulnerability
- MVC is Faster by default because of lack of viewstate and clean markup. But performance is subject and MVC by design is more performant that traditional The Official Microsoft AspDotNet webforms
Limitation of MVC
- There is little Bit Long Learning Curve as compared to Asp.Net webforms
- It provides RAD development
- Easy development model for developers those coming from winform development.
|Difference Between MVC and webforms|